How To Build a Strong Relationship With God
1. Love His Prophet: How can you love the Lord if you don’t love nor believe in His prophet in which he sent to preach the Gospel which is the word of God to us all, so that we may be safe.
“So they rose early in the morning and went out into the wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said,” Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper”. (2 Chronicles 20:20).
From this scripture, it is boldly written that in everything we do that there is a reward in heavenly places. This means if you do evil, you will reap evil, if you do good, you will also reap good just has honored His prophet, you shall prosper.
—–So how do you love your prophet;——-
i. Believe in him that he is the messenger of God: According to (Malachi 3:1c) says ” Even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you are delight. Behold, (d) He is coming”, says the Lord of hosts.
So this means that your prophet came as a representative of God’s covenant over your life. And one of God’s covenant to us is to give us our expected end and to make us the head and not the tail in everything we do.
Believing in him will be proof that you accept the word of God and that will help you in building a strong relationship with God.
ii. Have Faith: You can have faith in your prophet starting with, believing the words of God that are proceeding from his mouth concerning your life and your household., by believing that he will not lead you to destruction.
Note: when you have faith in a man of God, it means that you believe that God called him, and you respect the grace and the oil upon his head.
iii. Never compare him to other prophets: the worst thing that can happen to you in your place of worship is to expect some miracles from your prophet’s end but yet inside of you, you are doubting the gift of God and the oil upon his head.
You may say I don’t do that, but I tell you, if you happen to make prophet A your prophet and then while you are still there, you believe so much in Prophet B you saw online or from the show you watched, then you start Evangelizes to people how powerful he is.
This act generates a comparison of who to follow and who not I follow inside your heart.
iv. Believe that grace defers: If your prophet is prophet B and the one you are watching on TV is Prophet A while watching him, he starts walking on WATER does not mean that Prophet B who happens to be your prophet can not walk through FIRE.
Now that’s different grace.
v. Bless him with your substance: To bless your Prophet does not only have to be when you are around a large congregation, you now bless him so that people will praise you for helping him.
No, you properly don’t know the implication of that action. But you can bless your prophet by going to His office to drop your envelope without any announcement and side talks.
—How to have a strong relationship with God—
2. Be submissive to your husband: As a woman, you can’t create a strong relationship with God or believe in his prophet if you are not submissive to your husband.
You may be the same age as your husband, earn more than him, or even older than him in age different but the fact still remains that God made him the head over you and the head he shall remain. (Eph. 8:23).KJV
3. Respect and love your wife: You can’t please God if your wife is bitter at home just because of you, as a man, you have to first of all set things right in your home, create a good relationship with your wife, and children before God can accept your offer.
Be obedient: No matter what you do or how you want to do it if you don’t obey the word of God and that of your parents, you can’t go far in life. Is just as simple as that. Therefore Obedient is better than sacrifice (1Samuel 15:22) KJV.
5. Let go of foul language: “8. But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 14. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. (Colossians 3:8 & 14). KJV
If all these are from God, it simply means that letting go of foul languages will open ways for connection between you and God. And that’s how you start building a strong relationship with God.
6. Love your neighbor: in (Mark 12:31) God said “Love your neighbor as you love yourself” every relationship we create in our lives is generated out of love, therefore how can you have a strong relationship with God or man if you have no love within you.
It’s impossible to love your neighbor except you love yourself. God is love so when you love yourself, and your neighbor, you are telling God “Father, I am ready to build a strong relationship with you”. Therefore let your love leads.
7. Love Him: love God not only when you want to receive something from him, instead, love him at all times, when things are good and when you are going through a rough time.
8. Honor Him: “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are” (1 Cor. 3: 16- 17) KNV
For you to have a strong relationship with God, you need to learn how to start honoring God with your body, soul, and spirit and also learn to honor Him with your sustains i.e your wealth, first fruits of all your produce. (Proverbs 3:9).
9. Don’t be materialistic: someone who normally of material things always, do hardly know how to please God. Because nothing will be enough for you.
Serve God and not money, it is true that as humans, that money is very important in our daily activities in life and we need money, but also, without God standing on our side, we won’t have had that money.
No matter how you fight for money and getting things for yourself, the family remember not to worship Mammon the spirit of money. For God shares His glory with no man.
“No man can serve two masters: for either he
Will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other, ye cannot serve God and mammon”. ( Mathew 6:24) KJV
Worship doesn’t have to do with you kneeling down or bending your head to worship. The truth is that anything you take as a priority above God in your heart has automatically become your God.
10. Know God: when you know God, you will know His word because it says “In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God” (John 1:1).
So if you don’t know God, who He is, Why He came to die for you and me, etc then you know no God.
11. Obey His commandment:
For you to have a stand with God, you have to obey His commandments.
12. Communicate with He frequently not occasionally: going to God in prayers is like having a conversation between you and your mum. Therefore communicating with God regularly will help strengthen the relationship bond between you and your God as Father and son or Father and daughters bonding.
Without all these, it is impossible to please God and if you can’t please Him, building a strong relationship with Him is absolutely impossible.
image source: osfhealthcare.org